Howell Pointe Swim Team...
The Howell Pointe Swim Team is part of the Monmouth County Swimming Conference. Swim meets will take place on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. The meets will be held here at Howell Pointe and at various Swim Clubs in our conference throughout Monmouth County (Schedule TBD). Championship meets will take place following our season at a location yet to be determined.
The practice schedule will begin on or about June 1, 2011. Practice will be held at our site (pools are heated) during late afternoon hours until school lets out. Once the club is open daily to our members (June 20, 2011), practice will be held during evening hours after the club closes at 7:00pm.
Our goal is to provide your children with a recreational program that will teach them swimming fundamentals, skills and techniques, rules and other factors conducive to good competitive swimming. We'll do our best to create an environment that stresses team spirit, sportsmanship and builds character that will help guide them as they progress through various levels.
The following are prerequisites to become a part of the swim team:
- All participants must be members of Howell Pointe Swim Club.
- Each child must be able to swim at least one (1) 25 meter lap across pool by the first meet.
- Must be toilet trained (No swim diapers- Generally, 4 years of age and up).
- Any participant who attains the age of 19 on or before June 1, 2011 is not eligible.
The objectives of Howell Pointe and the Monmouth County Swim Conference are as follows:
- To encourage individual and team fair play conducive to good citizenship and the furtherance of athletics.
- To stress, plan, execute and maintain all standards of physical fitness set forth by the President’s Council on Physical Fitness.
- To ensure high standards of supervision, administration, coordination, coaching and guidance.
- To ensure the safety of each child along with maintaining a fun and healthy environment for the entire family.
Divisions: (Age as of June 1, 2011)
*8U- eight year olds and under *9-10 year old *11-12 year old *13-14 year old *15-18 year old
Swim Team Fees:
*Cost to become a member of the swim team is $75.00 for first child; $60.00 for each additional child. *Team swim suits and accessories will be made available at an additional cost.